Monday, May 19, 2008

Bedtime?

So what is the big deal about going to bed? Since Cami was 7 weeks old we have read 2 books, said prayers, rocked for a little bit, and boom, good night she went. Now that she is 6 years old, it is an issue. I don't get it. I love going to bed and think about it right when I get out of bed in the morning, "I can't wait to go to bed tonight, I'm tired!" Kids are so scared they might miss something so they fight it. All she is missing is Dateline and a possible phone conversation here and there. Tonight, although exhausted, she JUST went to sleep a little before 9:00 which is late for her. My girl needs about 11 hours of sleep a night to be sweet. "Mama, I need water." "Mama, my ear hurts." "Mama, can I sleep in your bed?" "Mama, can I read a book?" "Mama, I read a book about tornados and now I'm scared there might be one." "Mama, I can't sleep." "Mama, I'm hungry." So, she IS in my bed, I cratered! She knows I will move her to her bed when I go to bed. I'm not usually a push over, but tonight I failed. Okay, guess that's it for my first blog. How did I do??

2 comments:

Boyz3Mommy said...

YOU DID GREAT!! You need to change the color for your comments thingy though, because I almost didn't realize I could leave a comment!!!! YAY Ash-A-LEEEE!!!!

P.S. Going to bed has never been easy in my crazy world, just be glad you got in 6 good years of it before it all started!! :)

mbc said...

I love it! I'm so glad you're playing!!

You mean it may get difficult later, bedtime. I thought we made it through the tough part--GREAT.

Love you!!